This Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) tool is designed to help you navigate the various details involved in making a QCD gift to ministry. It allows you to create a letter with instructions that can be printed, signed, and delivered to your financial advisor or IRA plan administrator to initiate a QCD transaction. You may choose to direct your gift to the Georgia Baptist Foundation for the benefit of a chosen church or ministry. Your gift to the Foundation may result in an outright distribution to your chosen charity or it can be used to establish ( or add to ) an endowment designed to provide perpetual support for your chosen beneficiary. If you completed the form online, you will receive an email with your completed letter with instructions attached for download. As you navigate through the tool:
- You must still initiate the transaction by contacting your financial advisor or plan administrator.
- Your financial advisor or IRA plan administrator may provide you with specific forms from your retirement plan provider that will need to be completed and submitted in order to complete your QCD.
- DO NOT have any gifted funds from your retirement account sent directly to you. If that happens, the amount sent to you will not be excluded from your taxable income.
- Consider directing your financial advisor or IRA plan administrator NOT to withhold any taxes on the amount you are gifting as a QCD.
- QCD gifts may not be used to fund donor advised funds. However, they can be used to fund endowment funds like family legacy, scholarship, and memorial funds.
- Once you have filled in all the form fields, you must select the "submit" button to notify the Foundation of your intended gift.
- Print the PDF, sign the document, and deliver it to your financial advisor or IRA plan administrator.