Let us Help
If you are considering making a QCD from your IRA, please complete the questionnaire below and contact us so we can walk you through the process. Remember, a gift from your IRA will not qualify as a tax-free transfer if you withdraw the funds first and then make your donation. Funds from your IRA must be given directly to the ministries you want to support in order to qualify as a QCD and not count as taxable income to you.
How the process works
2. Meet with GBF staff member for gifting consultation
The Foundation’s professional staff is available to meet with you in person, over the phone, or via an online video call to go over your QCD Questionnaire and giving objectives. Contactus@gbfoundation.org
3. Create a QCD Gift Instruction Form
The QCD Gift Instruction Form provides you with a printout of the basic information you need to begin the gift process with financial advisor or plan administrator.
4. Deliver the Form to Your Financial Advisor
Once you have completed the QCD Instruction Form, you will need to deliver it to your financial advisor or plan administrator. Your financial professional will then provide you with the appropriate paperwork to complete the gift. If you have any problems along the way, our staff is available to assist you in the process. Also, don’t forget to inform your tax preparer about your gift.
* Due to COVID-19 the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act was signed in to law on 3/27/2020 and it removed the RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) requirement for the 2020 tax year. This means that you do not have to take an RMD this year if you do not want to, but you can still take distributions if you need to.
* The SECURE (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement) Act was signed into law on 12/20/2019 and it raised the age requirement for being required to take an RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) from age 70 ½ to age 72.
* You are still able to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution in the 2020 tax year irrespective of the CARES Act and the SECURE Act.
How the process works
1. Contact Us
Tell us about your intended contribution using the online form. Click here to go to the form page
2. Initiate the Transfer
Print the gift instructions form generated in step 1 and deliver it to your financial advisor. Click here to print a blank form with delivery instructions your broker will need to begin the transfer process.
3. Confirm the Transfer
Once your financial advisor has confirmed that the transfer is complete, we recommend you let the ministry know of the gift.
4. Keep Your Contribution Acknowledgment
Once the gift has cleared and the proceeds have been distributed to the ministry of your choice, the Georgia Baptist Foundation will email you a receipt of your gift for tax deduction. Please print the receipt and save with your tax documents for this year.